[RNLD] current work on digital data-based ling descriptions?

Joseph Brooks josephdbrooks at umail.ucsb.edu
Sat Dec 2 11:36:52 EST 2017

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone out there is working on (or perhaps like me "very
interested in but lacking the tech-know how") creating digital linguistic
descriptions that link directly to the primary data, perhaps even in new
and creative ways (esp including audiovisual data)? Thinking along the
lines here of something inspired from a combination of Thieberger's South
Efate grammar and 2009 paper + Berez(-Kroeker) Gawne & Kelly's (among
others) recent work emphasizing data citation and resolvability in
linguistics.

I know that some grammars have gone as far as including CDs and that there
are also websites devoted to this sort of endeavor, but I'm mostly trying
to find out about alternatives to those, eg the type of thing one could
archive and have openly accessible.

Thanks!
Joseph