[RNLD] List or review of language apps

John Hobson john.hobson at sydney.edu.au
Fri Feb 24 01:08:30 EST 2017

It would be of great interest if someone were to undertake empirical research on the effectiveness of these apps. Do people actually learn (better) from them? I tend to see a lot of finger action and reading, but precious little oral communication taking place when people use them. It might be more productive to get people to use their phones to have conversations with native speakers.

Regards,

John

JOHN HOBSON | Lecturer
Director, Graduate Indigenous Education Programs
Sydney School of Education & Social Work

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 711, Education Building A35
The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

T +61 2 9351 6994 | F +61 2 9351 6924
E john.hobson at sydney.edu.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0RmEBkH5Dra7U7>
W Staff Profile<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/wxnKB8FYG0O4fw?domain=fdp.edsw.usyd.edu.au> | Patyegarang, <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/aYDABqTnreVXHL?domain=indigoz.com.au> Indigenous Australian languages education<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/aYDABqTnreVXHL?domain=indigoz.com.au>

"Language is the DNA of a culture, and it is the vehicle for the traditions, customs, stories, history, and beliefs of a people.
A lost language is a lost culture.” US National Endowment for the Humanities Chairman, Bruce Cole, (2005).

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it is confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.