[RNLD] Fwd: Call for Case Studies on Collaboration

Ivan Kapitonov ikapitonov at student.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 29 08:42:38 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Please see below the call for examples of linguists' collaborations outside
of the field. LSA membership is *not* required to send nominations and
proposals.
Apologies for cross-posting.

Best regards,
Vanya

* * *
The Linguistic Society of America is seeking examples of productive
collaborations by linguists with scholars, teachers, and members of the
public whose primary specializations are outside of linguistics:

   - at their own colleges and universities;
   - at external colleges and universities;
   - affiliated with other external entities, such as school systems,
   corporations, government agencies, museums, or community-based
   organizations.

 We hope to showcase successful collaborations at an organized session to
be held at the 2018 Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City. Collaborations could
focus on research, scholarship, teaching, public education/outreach,
professional development, or any other topic of mutual interest. We’re
particularly interested in any generalizable findings about how to build
effective alliances involving linguists. Please send nominations or
proposals, including details about any collaborations that you have
participated in, to Jeff Good
<jcgood at buffalo.edu?subject=Case%20Studies%20on%20Collaboration> by April
17, 2017. Thank you.