[RNLD] Summer School in Indigenous Languages - Sydney Jan 2018

Cathy Bow Cathy.Bow at cdu.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 01:45:08 EDT 2017

Australian Indigenous Languages Institute
Indigenous Languages Summer School 2018

Spend two weeks this summer learning about the languages of Australia’s First Peoples.

Charles Darwin University is working in collaboration with the Australian National University to offer the inaugural Indigenous Languages Summer School in Sydney in January 2018. This Summer School is the first event in a planned series in establishing an Australian Indigenous Languages Institute. Download our flyer here: AILI Summer School 2018<http://www.cdu.edu.au/sites/default/files/school-sikpp/summer_school_brochure_2018.pdf>

Units of study available in 2018:

Introduction to Yolŋu Languages and Culture<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:21:0::NO::P21_SEARCH_UNIT,P21_SEARCH_VERSION,P21_SEARCH_YEAR:CAS110,8,2017>
Gamilaraay 1<http://programsandcourses.anu.edu.au/2016/course/AUST1001>
Linguistics for Indigenous Languages<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:21:0::NO::P21_SEARCH_UNIT,P21_SEARCH_VERSION,P21_SEARCH_YEAR:INL100,1,2017>

Please note: students can do only one unit at the Summer School as all classes will happen simultaneously.

All units are fully accredited and can be credited towards study.

When:      A two-week intensive block   8 - 19th January 2018

Where:    CDU Sydney Campus: Level 10, 815 George Street, HAYMARKET.

Cost:        $2259 per unit (or via HECS - HELP if you are a university student)
For more information and to register your interest, go to http://www.cdu.edu.au/sikpp/aili

---
Cathy Bow
PhD Candidate – CDU and ANU
Project Manager – Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages
www.cdu.edu.au/laal<http://www.cdu.edu.au/laal>
Northern Institute
T: +61 8 8946 6876
E: cathy.bow at cdu.edu.au<mailto:cathy.bow at cdu.edu.au>

CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY
Darwin, Northern Territory 0909 Australia
CRICOS Provider No. 00300K (NT/VIC) I 03286A (NSW) | RTO Provider No. 0373
www.cdu.edu.au

Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional
custodians across the lands on which we live and work,
and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.