[RNLD] Consult -- Running FLEx/LexiquePro/SayMore with CrossOver

Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada jrosesla at uwo.ca
Thu Sep 7 16:35:50 EDT 2017

Dear everyone,

My university's IT department has suggested using CrossOver (
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Xq1aBmfpdmXmCz?domain=codeweavers.com to run the SIL
Windows-only software FLEx, LexiquePro, and SayMore on our new lab
computers.

I've done a bit of browsing online and it seems like that won't work? I
also tried installing FLEx with the trial version of CrossOver and the
installation failed so I thought I'd send an email to the list in case
anyone has been successful in getting this to work.

If you have gotten to work, I'd love to hear back from you.

If you have not, what do you use? Parallels? Something else?

All the best,
Jorge
-------------
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada
Assistant Professor, Indigenous Language Sustainability
Department of Linguistics
University of Alberta
Tel: (+1) 780-492-5698
jrosesla at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, **and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First
Nations, Métis, Inuit, **and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence
continues to enrich our institution.*