[RNLD] FLEx crashing problem

Pinta, Justin D. pinta.3 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Sep 20 10:21:21 EDT 2017

I am a PhD student in the middle of a corpus project, and I have been using Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx) for the past few weeks. I recently got a new PC and I installed FLEx with no problem (I have Windows 10 and I installed the most recent version of FLEx). However, when I leave the "Lexicon" and go to "Texts & Words", and then subsequently to 'Gloss' or 'Analyze', FLEx crashes every time. Right after I click 'Analyze' (or 'Gloss') Windows gives me the error: "FieldWorks has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..." and then the program crashes.
I have tried the obvious things, i.e. restarting my computer, uninstalling & re-installing FLEx, etc., and yet I still cannot seem to find a solution. The 'Analyze' tab under "Texts & Words" is where I do most of my work so this is unfortunate. Does anyone have any suggestions?