[RNLD] FW: Hawaiian presentation at Puliima, don't miss out!

Miriam Grogan miriam at acra.org.au
Wed Sep 6 02:57:48 UTC 2017

From: "miriampieper at gmail.com<mailto:miriampieper at gmail.com>" <miriampieper at gmail.com<mailto:miriampieper at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 6 September 2017 at 12:57 pm
To: Miriam Grogan <miriam at acra.org.au<mailto:miriam at acra.org.au>>
Subject: Fwd: Hawaiian presentation at Puliima, don't miss out!

Please pass this email onto your networks.

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser<http://mailchi.mp/8350aaf7ffd1/puliima-national-indigenous-language-technology-forum?e=52cd0f6d2d>.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f09911f3e91b973aedb498237/images/13fdb836-ea59-41e2-b917-7c95420ecc76.png]

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/f09911f3e91b973aedb498237/images/leaf_icon.png]Hawaiian Presenter Coming to Puliima!

Working from a place of resilience: Hawaiian language, technology and the contemporary world

Presented by Candace Kaleimamoowahinekapu Galla

[Image result for pama language centre] We are extremely honored to announce our guest speaker, Candace Kaleimamoowahinekapu Galla, Native Hawaiian, will be presenting at Puliima 2017! Candace is an assistant professor in the Department of Language & Literacy Education at the University of British Columbia Vancouver. Her area of research includes the intersection of Indigenous language education, revitalization, and digital technology, and more recently has become interested in language learning and performative arts, and language and wellbeing. She received her MA in Native American Linguistics and a PhD in Language, Reading and Culture with a specialization in Indigenous language revitalization, education, and digital technology from the University of Arizona. Candace's presentation will highlight the resurgence of the Hawaiian language, Hawaiian medium education, and the role of multimedia technologies in language learning and teaching.
It is through this journey of Hawaiian language revival and immersion that Hawaiian language revitalisation techniques are now renowned as a model for many indigenous languages to follow across the globe.

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/f09911f3e91b973aedb498237/images/leaf_icon.png]LESS THEN 4 WEEKS TO REGISTER!

First in, first served! Our intensive training workshops are now FULL. But we still have spots available in our CoEDL and iBooks Author workshops. Spaces are limited so register now if you wish to attend! Less then 4 weeks to go till registrations CLOSE.

For more information on workshops click here<http://puliima.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&id=25c1784016&e=52cd0f6d2d>
To Register for Puliima click here<http://puliima.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&id=75467d9b9b&e=52cd0f6d2d>

For more information, visit our website www.puliima.com <http://puliima.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&id=4124f07314&e=52cd0f6d2d>

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/f09911f3e91b973aedb498237/images/Facebook_icon.png]Find us on Facebook <http://puliima.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&id=e3b9d140ff&e=52cd0f6d2d>

Copyright © 2017, Miromaa ALTC, All rights reserved.

840 Hunter St,
Newcastle West NSW Australia 2302

Phone | +61 2 4940 9100<tel:(02)%204940%209100>
Fax | +61 2 4940 9123<tel:(02)%204940%209123>

Email | contact at puliima.com <mailto:contact at puliima.com>
Website | www.puliima.com<http://puliima.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&id=5f0251f2bd&e=52cd0f6d2d>

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=f09911f3e91b973aedb498237&afl=1>