[RNLD] teaser on last speakers language

David Valls davidvalls at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:39:52 EDT 2018

Dear,
I'm a linguist and a documentary maker whom I've shot a couple of documentaries, already, on the Catalan language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-8jwR9Cj68 (with English subtitles and more than 60.000 visits, plus screenings around the country)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCRm6RzxTZ0 (with German subtitles, almost 100.000 visits, plus screenings around the country)

This time, I've been ordered a new documentary on behalf of the Institut d'Estudis Catalans (Catalan language academy) and the UNESCO Chair of Cultural Policies and Cooperation to shoot a documentary on the last native speakers of the specific and unique Catalan dialects spoken in Northen Catalonia (politically speaking in southern France, therefore under French rule). The documentary is going to be narrated first person by the last remaining speakers.

The voice over is also narrated in these varieties for a native speaker, as it is done in the promotional teaser, which you have here:

https://youtu.be/bQyLkqN8OJg (with English and French subtitles)

The recordings, besides making a one hour documentary, will be delivered, studied and archived by the Institut d'Estudis Catalans.
The big issue, as always, is funding. Where can we get funding from? Anyone interested?

Yours faithfully,
David Valls