[RNLD] Suggestions for simple recording devices for community members in a new MAP pilot project

Heather souter hsouter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:38:42 EDT 2018

Taanshi!  Hello!

Heather Souter d-ishinikaashon.  En Michif Camperville, Manitoba, Canada oschi niya. Daweeyiteen lii zavii.   Mahti wiichihin...

My name is Heather Souter.  I am a Michif from Camperville, Manitoba, Canada.  I need some advice.  Please help...

Looking for some collective wisdom here.  I need a range of ideas for the lowest tech to the highest (and a few in between?!) recording devices to use with a group of community-based Indigenous language learners of widely ranging digital skill levels?  The budget is CA$ 160..?

Zoom H1 and Zoom H1n have been suggested.  Any other suggestions on the lower  and slightly higher tech sides?  Something my non-tech savy elderly auntie could use and then maybe something with a XLR input?

It is for an upcoming MAP pilot project..

Kihchi-marsii.  Thank- you!

Eekoshi pitamaa. That’s it for now.

Heather