[RNLD] Suggestions for simple recording devices for community members in a new MAP pilot project

Steven Bird stevenbird1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:16:53 EDT 2018

Hi Heather,

Plenty of voice recorders support uncompressed recording. I've been using
Smart Recorder, Parrot, and Hi-Q, all of which record in RIFF (=wav)
format. The first two also support sample rate selection, and I choose
16kHz 16 bit mono.

That's 32kB/s or ~0.1GB/h. For A$40 you can fit out your phone with a 64GB
micro SD card and record for ~600 hours.

-Steven

--
Steven Bird  http://stevenbird.net
Professor, College of Indigenous Futures, Arts and Society, Charles Darwin