[RNLD] applied linguistics and documentation/description projects

Mark W. Post markwpost at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 09:50:52 EDT 2018

Apologies, the references I cited earlier are:

Anderson, G. D. S. (2011). "Language Hotspots: what (applied)
linguistics and education should do about language endangerment in the
twenty-first century." Language and Education 25(4): 273-289.

Hildebrandt, K. A. (2018) Teaching about endangered languages in the
undergraduate curriculum. Language and Linguistics Compass  DOI:
https://doi.org/10.1111/lnc3.12283

@Brenda: I'm certainly interested in learning about multi-participant
projects involving, for example, botanists, anthropologists,
archaeologists, etc., and linguists in a general sense, but what I'd
like to focus on for present purposes is project-based collaborations
between applied linguists and documentary/descriptive linguists, of the
nature outlined by Anderson in the article cited above.

Thanks again
Mark