[RNLD] Vale Luise Hercus

Emma Murphy emma.murphy at rnld.org
Tue May 1 00:55:58 EDT 2018

The team at RNLD were all deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Luise
Hercus on April 15. Luise contributed so much to language revitalisation in
Australia, and leaves behind an incredible legacy.

Thankyou to AIATSIS for this lovely obituary:
http://aiatsis.gov.au/news-and-events/news/vale-dr-luise-hercus

Like so many around Australia, we know many RNLD participants have been
touched by Luiseā€™s work, and we were fortunate to have her join us on a
moving and memorable workshop with Madhi Madhi, Wadi Wadi and Wemba Wemba
speakers in Swan Hill in 2015.

Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time. Rest In
Peace, Luise.

Best wishes,
Emma
--
Emma Murphy
DRIL Training Director

Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity (RNLD)
ph. +61 (03) 9077-9500 <+61%203%209077%209500>    e. emma.murphy at rnld.org
 w. www.rnld.org

My usual work days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

*RNLD proudly supports the Racism. It stops with me campaign*
itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au <http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt> @ItStopsWithMe
<https://twitter.com/ItStopsWithMe>

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on
whose land I live, work and travel through, in Australia and overseas.