[RNLD] Karama - thanks

David Nash david.nash at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 21 05:26:10 UTC 2018

Thanks for the summary Margaret.
A small addition (and supporting the NT source): Lockwood used the
'Karama' spelling in his article in /Walkabout/ 37.4 (April 1972), 38
http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-751362008:
> I would visit all these tribes if I decided to go: the Mudbra at
> Victoria River Downs, the Gurindji at Wave Hill, the Karama, the
> Djamindjun, the Gulawarang, the Wailbri, the Ngaringman, the Wandjira,
> the Muriwang, the Garanguru, and the Warramunga: dozens of Aboriginal
> nations,
By the way, and following Piers Kelly,
https://collection.aiatsis.gov.au/austlang/ is good for info on language
and group names and their variants.