[RNLD] Dictionary apps

Dorothea Hoffmann hoffmann.dorothea at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 11:38:06 EDT 2019

Hi Jeff,

I have not personally used the SIL tool, but if you are interested in a high-quality dictionary app (“talking dictionary”) the non-profit The Language Conservancy <https://www.languageconservancy.org/> where I work has produced amazing apps for various languages.

Here’s a link to the Lakota dictionary app  <https://lakhota.org/mobile-apps/>and here is an example for an online dictionary <https://dictionary.crowlanguage.org/> we have done.

I’d be happy to chat with you in more detail about our process :). I can also send you a code to download the Lakota dictionary if you are interested and want to have a closer look.

Doro

Dorothea Hoffmann
Website:	drdorotheahoffmann.com <http://drdorotheahoffmann.wordpress.com/>
Blog:	runningfrombuffalo.com <http://hoffmanndorothea.wordpress.com/>