[RNLD] NWAV Asia/Pacific 6 Singapore

James N. Stanford James.N.Stanford at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jun 11 11:36:46 EDT 2019

(apologies for multiple postings)

CALL FOR PAPERS: NWAV Asia-Pacific 6
19-22 February, 2020, National University of Singapore

The 6th meeting of New Ways of Analyzing Variation - Asia Pacific invites
submissions for paper and poster presentations. The conference will take
place from the 19th to 22nd of February, 2020, at the National University
of Singapore.

NWAV-AP is a unique venue for sharing research on language variation and
change in an Asian context. We are happy to consider submissions of work
relating to the Asia-Pacific region, as well as Asia more broadly, and
Asian diaspora communities elsewhere in the world. The theme of this year’s
conference is “Asia on the move”; we welcome papers that speak to this
theme, including studies on language variation and change in relation to
transnational migration, urbanization and development, language contact,
and language revitalization. As in previous years, NWAV-AP particularly
aims to highlight new variationist research on the indigenous languages and
contact varieties of Asia.

The plenary speakers for NWAV-AP 6 will be Alan Yu (University of Chicago),
Qing Zhang (University of Arizona), and Kazuko Matsumoto (University of
Tokyo).

Conference website: https://blog.nus.edu.sg/nwavap6/

Submission website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nwavap6

Paper and poster abstracts
(due 15 June, 11:59 PM UTC-12 -- Anywhere on Earth):
Abstracts should be a maximum of 350 words, excluding title and references.
Please submit anonymous files in pdf format. When submitting, please
specify whether you would prefer your abstract to be considered for
acceptance as a paper, poster, or both (note that selecting ‘both’ will not
reduce a submission’s chances of being accepted as a paper). Paper
presentations will be 20 minutes long, with a 5-minute Q&A period.

Authors may submit a maximum of one single-authored abstract; there is no
limit on co-authored submissions (either as first author or secondary
author).

Authors should expect a decision on their abstract(s) by mid-July.
Registration information will be made available by that time.

For more information, please visit our website at
https://blog.nus.edu.sg/nwavap6/, or contact the organizing committee at

nwavap6 at gmail.com<mailto:nwavap6 at gmail.com>. Follow us on Twitter @nwavap6 for news and updates.