[RNLD] Australian Indigenous Languages Institute - Top End Intensive courses July 2019

Cathy Bow Cathy.Bow at cdu.edu.au
Tue May 14 21:55:48 EDT 2019

In the UN’s International Year of Indigenous Languages, spend time learning about the languages of Australia’s First Peoples in the tropical north of Australia
Charles Darwin University is working in collaboration with the Australian National University and Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education to offer the Indigenous Languages ‘Top End Intensive’ in Darwin in July 2019.
When: A two-week intensive block from 8-19 July 2019
Where: Charles Darwin University, Casuarina campus (Darwin)
Cost: $1200 per person
$600 for Yolŋu matha (1 week only)
(HECS-HELP available for enrolled students)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Enrol before 24 May for a $200 discount!
Payment: Register and pay here<https://webpay.cdu.edu.au/TopEndIntensive>
Travel scholarships available for Indigenous language workers - see https://aili.cdu.edu.au/travel-scholarships/ for details.
Units available

Please note: students can only choose one unit at the Summer School as all classes are presented simultaneously.

Introduction to Yolŋu Languages and Culture<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:21:0::::P21_SEARCH_UNIT,P21_SEARCH_VERSION,P21_SEARCH_YEAR:CAS110,10,2019> (1 week only July 8-12)
Linguistics for Indigenous Languages<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:21:0::::P21_SEARCH_UNIT,P21_SEARCH_VERSION,P21_SEARCH_YEAR:INL100,2,2019>
Language in Society<https://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:21:::::P21_SEARCH_YEAR,P21_SEARCH_UNIT,P21_SEARCH_VERSION:-2019-,INL130>

[AILI_logo]
---

Cathy Bow
PHD Student CDU and ANU
Project Manager - Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages
www.cdu.edu.au/laal/<http://www.cdu.edu.au/laal/>
Project manager - Digital language shell project
https://language-shell.cdu.edu.au/
College of Indigenous Futures, Arts & Society
T: +61 8 8946 6876
F: +61 8 8946 7175
E: cathy.bow at cdu.edu.au<mailto:cathy.bow at cdu.edu.au>
W: cdu.edu.au<http://cdu.edu.au>
[CDU logo]
CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY
Darwin, Northern Territory 0909 Australia
CRICOS Provider No. 00300K (NT/VIC) I 03286A (NSW) | RTO Provider No. 0373

Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.