[RNLD] Learner's Guide Template Launch (Living Languages)

Freya Scott freya at livinglanguages.org.au
Thu Nov 21 23:52:53 UTC 2019

Dear all,

The Project Reference Group, along with Living Languages, is pleased to
announce the launch of the Learner's Guide Template.

After many months of hard work and collaboration, the Learner's Guide
Template will be available in the new year! We hope that this will be a
useful tool as an online template for developing learning resources for use
by communities working on their language.

This resource is both a “how-to” guide and Plain English template. Written
in accessible language, it helps non-linguists understand linguistic ways
of talking about language, so they can decode their more academic grammars
to make a resource that is accessible to their community. It also suggests
a structure for their learner’s guide, and provides template text that can
be used or adapted to suit the language.

If you’re in Melbourne, we invite you to join us in celebrating!