[RNLD] Information about new Bachelor of Arts and Diploma of Arts (Languages and Linguistics)

Paola Fischer paola.fischer at batchelor.edu.au
Mon Oct 28 02:54:06 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

For your information:

Information about new Bachelor of Arts and Diploma of Arts (Languages and Linguistics)

Since 2012, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education, in partnership with Charles Darwin University, has offered the following courses in Linguistics:

Diploma of Indigenous Language Work<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:31:::::P31_SEARCH_COURSE,P31_SEARCH_YEAR,P31_SEARCH_VERSION,P31_TAB_LABEL:YINLA1,2020,2,Overview> (YINLA1)
Associate Degree of Indigenous Languages and Linguistics<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:31:::::P31_SEARCH_COURSE,P31_SEARCH_YEAR,P31_SEARCH_VERSION,P31_TAB_LABEL:XINLL1,2020,2,Overview> (XINLL1)
Bachelor of Indigenous Languages and Linguistics<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:31:::::P31_SEARCH_COURSE,P31_SEARCH_YEAR,P31_SEARCH_VERSION,P31_TAB_LABEL:WINLL1,2020,2,Overview> (BILL/WINLL1)

>From Semester 1, 2020, as part of CDU's course restructure, they will be replaced by the following new courses:

Bachelor of Arts<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:31:::::P31_SEARCH_COURSE,P31_SEARCH_YEAR,P31_SEARCH_VERSION,P31_TAB_LABEL:WARTS2,2020,1,Overview> (WARTS2)
Diploma of Arts<http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/f?p=100:31:::::P31_SEARCH_COURSE,P31_SEARCH_YEAR,P31_SEARCH_VERSION,P31_TAB_LABEL:YARTS1,2020,1,Overview> (YARTS1)

Both the Bachelor of Arts and the Diploma of Arts will offer the same Linguistics subjects as the ones previously included in the courses above. New Linguistics students will need to enrol in either the Bachelor of Arts or the Diploma of Arts, while students currently enrolled in the Diploma of Indigenous Language Work, the Associate Degree of Indigenous Languages and Linguistics and the Bachelor of Indigenous Languages and Linguistics will not be affected by the changes in question and will be able to continue their studies until their completion.

For information on the courses please contact myself, or:

Dr Nicoletta Romeo (Batchelor Institute - Lecturer)
Phone: 08 8946 7123
Email: nicoletta.romeo at batchelor.edu.au

For information regarding the SATAC application or course enrolment process please contact:

Dr Michele Willsher (Batchelor Institute - Academic Support Advisor)
Phone: 08 8946 7402
Email: michele.willsher at batchelor.edu.au

Regards
Paola Fischer
Lecturer and Course Coordinator
Bachelor of Indigenous Languages and Linguistics
Division of Higher Education and Research
Casuarina Campus
p:
w:
batchelor.edu.au<http://batchelor.edu.au>
[https://www.batchelor.edu.au/biite/wp-content/uploads/fb-email.png]<https://www.facebook.com/batchelorinstitute?ref=profile>  [https://www.batchelor.edu.au/biite/wp-content/uploads/twitter-email.png] <https://twitter.com/Indigenous_Inst>   [https://www.batchelor.edu.au/biite/wp-content/uploads/linked-in-email.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/batchelor-institute-of-indigenous-tertiary-education/>
[https://www.batchelor.edu.au/biite/wp-content/uploads/BI-email-sig-graphic.png]

I am in the office Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.