[RNLD] Indigenous collaboration in linguistic research or projects

Sophie Nicholls sophielillian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 23:34:39 EDT 2019

This sounds like a very interesting area to explore. There seems to be alot
of this kind of research and publication at the moment in the 'GLAM' sector
(galleries, libraries, archives and museums) in Australia re: Australian
languages. Check out Kirsten Thorpe's publications for some examples.

I worked with the State Library of NSW Indigenous services team (Indigenous
archivists and librarians) on a research project to connect in with
communities that had Indigenous language material in the State Library of
NSW.

Nicholls, S., Booker, L., Thorpe, K., Jackson, M., Girault, C., Briggs, R.,
& Jones, C. (2016). From principle to practice: Community consultation
regarding access to Indigenous language material in archival records at the
State Library of New South Wales. *Archives and Manuscripts*, *44*(3),
110-123.