[RNLD] Language workshop in Honiara, Solomon Islands

Debra McDougall debra.mcdougall at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 23 01:03:55 EDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

You may be interested in this blog I’ve written about a remarkable workshop on vernacular languages held in Honiara last month with CoEDL, U Melbourne, ANU and two local organisations the Kulu Language Institute and Islands Bible Ministry. It was attended by nearly 100 people representing more than half of the country’s 70+ languages.

http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/news-and-media/latest-headlines/article/?id=reviving-the-spirit-of-vernacular-languages-in-solomon-islands

All best
Debra

Dr. Debra McDougall
Senior Lecturer & Anthropology Major Director
School of Social and Political Sciences  |  Faculty of Arts

Room E464, John Medley (Building 191)
The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
P: +61 3 834 45648
E: debra.mcdougall at unimelb.edu.au

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or  information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email.