[RNLD] Message to r-n-l-d at lists.unimelb.edu.au Exploring online language learning, for example 'Duolingo' or 'Say something in'

Ruth Singer rsinger at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 28 19:32:26 EDT 2020

Hi Angela,

I'm just starting to build a Mawng course using LearnPress, which is a part
of WordPress.

Aiming for something like the Bininj Kunwok language course:
http://language-shell.cdu.edu.au/course/bininj-kunwok/

Cathy Bow (Charles Darwin University) who designed the Bininj Kunwok
course, with Jill Nganymirra (Bininj Kunwok Regional Language Centre) sent
me some instructions on how to set it up in LearnPress - you can add audio
and video and structure the course into learning units as you want. Because
it's on WordPress it should keep working for some time, without rebuilding,
that's the big plus in my view. But I'm not sure yet how much it can
tweaked to look good on tablets and phones.

Ruth

--
Dr Ruth Singer
School of Languages and Linguistics, University of Melbourne

https://unimelb.academia.edu/RuthSinger
http://www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person2621