[RNLD] Melbourne Linguistics in the Pub (online): 10 years of Linguistics in the Pub Thursday 23rd April 6pm (UTC/GMT +10 hours):

Ruth Singer ruth.singer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 08:00:32 UTC 2020

Announcement: 10 years of Linguistics in the Pub

Thursday 23rd April 6pm Melbourne, Australia time (UTC/GMT +10 hours) on
Zoom

Discussion led by: Lauren Gawne (La Trobe University)

December 2019 marked a decade of Linguistics in the Pub events in
Melbourne. In our first LIP for 2020, we reflect on ten years of
Linguistics in the Pub in Melbourne. Across the 80 (!) LIP events held over
the last decade, how have these discussions shaped our work? We will
discuss how the topics discussed at LIP events have reflected major themes
in language documentation, language revitalisation and community language
work, as well as linguistics and research more broadly.

*To attend register
at: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/10-years-of-linguistics-in-the-pub-tickets-102636422302
<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/10-years-of-linguistics-in-the-pub-tickets-102636422302>*

*We will email a zoom meeting address to those registered on the day of the
event.*

The zoom meeting will open half an hour before the official time for some
social chitchat

If you can’t make it to the event, but would still like to share how LIP
has played a role in your work, please get in touch with Lauren (
L.Gawne at latrobe.edu.au) or Ruth (rsinger at unimelb.edu.au).

For recent MLIP events see:

https://www.livinglanguages.org.au/lip

For a list of all MLIP events see:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190213004246/www.rnld.org/MLIP
--
Dr Ruth Singer
School of Languages and Linguistics, University of Melbourne

https://unimelb.academia.edu/RuthSinger
http://www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person2621