[Rgyalrong] podcast about Rgyalrong studies

Guillaume Jacques rgyalrongskad at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 09:25:23 UTC 2016

Dear Tingying,

1. What are most remarkable characteristics for comparisons in historical
> linguistics? Ablaut pattern? or grammaticalization of prefixes?
>
> The Bragdbar dialect of Situ is extremely interesting, stem alternation is
much richer and more irregular than that of other Situ varieties like
Cogtse, and at the same time it has undergone sound changes that caused the
phonological merger of several unrelated prefixes, which makes its
morphology very opaque.

> 2. Is there a plan for audio archive to go public?

The data will be archived after Shuya has completed her dissertation, ie at
earliest in three years time, but in the meantime if you or anyone is
interested to listen to audio files, we can share some of them with you.

Guillaume Jacques
CNRS (CRLAO) - INALCO
http://cnrs.academia.edu/GuillaumeJacques
http://himalco.hypotheses.org/