New Release of (original) RST Annotation tool.

Mick O�Donnell micko at DAI.ED.AC.UK
Sun Jul 9 17:28:28 UTC 2000

(Excuse multiple postings)

================================
Tool Update: RSTTool Version 2.5
================================

I have made a new release of my RSTTool, a graphical markup tool for
Rhetorical Structure Theory.

  The tool allows you to build RST structures by dragging between
segments. Features include:

1) A Segmentation interface which automatically segments plain text at
   sentence boundaries, and allows you to add other boundaries as needed,
   or edit text.

2) A Relations Editing interface, for adding, deleting and changing
   relation names.

3) A Statistics interface, providing basic descriptive statistics on
   the relations used in the text.

  Previous versions have not supported export of figures in a form
usable by Windows users. This tool provides a means of incorporating
structures in MS Word documents (and others). The tool is thus useful
for preparing structures for papers. EPS export is also available for
Latex users.

   The tool runs under Windows, Unix, Linux and Macintosh. It
is free. For download and the online manual, see:

http://cirrus.dai.ed.ac.uk:8000/RSTTool/

  For new features and bug fixes since prior versions, see:

http://cirrus.dai.ed.ac.uk:8000/RSTTool/Release-Notes.txt

Mick O'Donnell
University of Edinburgh