RST and facial expression

Andrew n marshall amarshal at ZIG.USC.EDU
Fri Nov 10 22:45:20 UTC 2000

Hi,
  I'm a programmer working with tutoring agents and animated agents.  I
recently stubbled across RST and beleive there is a large potential for use
in my work.  My particular interests focus on RST applications to
dialogues, but I have yet to find much information on this.  Is there any
know work in progress in this feild?

Also, from the archives:

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:22:20 +0100, de carolis nadja
<decarolis at DI.UNIBA.IT> wrote:
>Hi, I'm Berardina Nadja De Carolis
>I'm working on the generation of believable behaviors in animated
>believable agents. We use a three-layer approach: discourse plan
>generation, meta-synchronization level and surface generation.
>Since our discourse planner uses RST I was wondering if there is any
>paper/pointer about a possible relation between RR and facial
>expressions, gestures and so on.

Has there been any work in this area?

Thanks.

Anm