RST website: 4th edition

William Mann bill_mann at SIL.ORG
Tue Oct 17 17:22:12 UTC 2000

The RST website, http://www.sil.org/linguistics/RST , has been upgraded this
week.  It has been expanded in several ways:

Several of the bibliographies have been expanded.

New pages in Spanish are now included, through the efforts of Maite Taboada.
We thank her for her work.

An  Introducción a la Teoría de la Estructura Retórica (RST), pages on
Herramientas y Programas para la RST, including the  Definiciones de
Relaciones en RST are now part of the website.  These parallel the pages in
French that were added in the 3rd edition.

There is a very short bibliography of works in Spanish that make significant
use of RST.  (Spanish speakers, please nominate additional items.)

Other bibliographies have been significantly expanded.

The one-file snapshot of the website has been upgraded to a current version
that replaces the March 2000 version.  This can be used to import the site
into a Windows machine for off-internet use.

The site has been updated to reflect the upgrade of Mick O'Donnell's RST
analysts' tool to version 2.5.

We commend this site to your use.

Some changes are planned for the near future, especially in the non-English
parts of the site.  They will not be announced.

I am still seeking specific suggestions about how to make the site more
useful in teaching courses on discourse, pragmatics or similar topics.  If
you have any suggestions, please send me a personal message.

May your life be coherent.

Bill Mann