corpus of explanatory texts

Paola Rizzo rizzo at DSI.UNIROMA1.IT
Thu Aug 2 17:46:38 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am a visiting researcher at the Information Sciences Institute of the
Univ. of Southern California. Here I am working on a project concerning a
software tool that should help students author explanations of web pages
according to the Rhetorical Structure Theory.

I already sent a message to this list some time ago, and I am grateful to
those who responded. Now I have another couple of questions related to the
project I'm working on:

- is there a corpus of explanatory texts that has been analysed from the
RST (or an analogous) point of view?

- is there any paper or book that suggests principles for writing good
explanatory texts?

Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards,

	Paola Rizzo