Question on Abstract Analysis

T Spits t.spits at LET.VU.NL
Wed Aug 22 13:36:40 UTC 2001

Dear John,

I know of Abelen E., Redeker G., and Thompson, S.A. (1993).
The Rhetorical Structure of US-American and Dutch
fund-raising letters. in Text 13 (3) 323-350, in which RST
relations are related to Halliday's three language
functions. I have been using this model as well in my
dissertation about the persuasive and/or informative
discourse goal of Prime Minister's Question Time answers,
which I am writing at the Free University in Amsterdam. If
you think it might be useful, I can send it to you, once I
have finished it somewhere next week.

Best regards,

Tom Spits