Getting feedback on your own RST analyses

William Mann bill_mann at SIL.ORG
Tue Mar 27 13:48:30 UTC 2001

Dear RST users:

In order to help students studying discourse, along with others studying or
learning to use RST, we now have a new experimental option.

Anyone can have an RST analysis posted onto the Internet and commented on by
others.

Anyone can comment on the analyses of others.

Anyone can also reanalyze a text analyzed by someone else, and post that.

The details of posting analyses, along with a place to see analyses already
posted, are available at:

http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~billmann/rstbook.htm

We will try to post analyses within a week or so of when they are received.

We expect this experiment to continue until December 1, 2001, and we will
reevaluate after that.

Comments on analyses can be sent to this email list.

If you are planning to teach RST in a mid-year or end-of-year semester
course, and you would like to use this service to facilitate interaction
between course participants, please contact me.

==========================
Two analyses are already posted:  There is an analysis of the Saddam text
used by Bateman & Rondhuis in their 1997 paper, and there is a Housman love
poem analyzed by Gerard Steen.

I look forward to your active participation in this experiment.

Bill Mann

 William C. Mann
SIL in USA
6739 Cross Creek Estates Road