discourse structure and law

Matthew T. Bell mbell at CS.PITT.EDU
Mon Sep 3 13:46:27 UTC 2001

Hello All,

My apologies in advance for cross posting.

I'm curious as to whether any are aware of (current or recent) projects or
papers dealing with either the discourse structure of legal argumentation,
esp. judicial opinions, or else features that could serve studying legal
discourse.  So far I am aware of general papers on the subject of
discourse segmentation (Mann and Thompson, Grosz and Sidner, Moore and
Pollack); but wonder if there are not papers dealing with the legal genre
specifically.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-- Matt Bell
   Graduate Student