Definitions of Conjunction and Disjunction

Jelisaveta Safranj savetas at UNS.NS.AC.YU
Thu Oct 12 17:02:44 UTC 2006

Dear Maite,

Thanks for providing those examples.  I've looked through my corpus of Financial times articles I have annotated and  found something.  Probably (?) they could be the examples of non-exclusive disjunctions, but I am not sure about it.

[The triggers for conversation are if a party other then MTFG acquires more than a 20 per cent stake in UFJ Holdings in a takeover bid] [or if UFJ Holdings shareholders approve integration with a party other than MTFG.]

 from Financial Times

 Investors in UFJ seek legal advice

By David Ibison in Tokyo

Published: October 11 2004 00:18 | Last updated: October 11 2004 00:18

and another one

On Friday, Fannie Mae said Congress was unlikely to make any changes that would affect its ability to support the housing market. ["We do not believe Congress will take action to change our status,] [or in any way impair our mission or operations in serving the US housing finance system."]

 from Financial Times

Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae face closer scrutiny

By Jenny Wiggins and Peronet Despeignes in Washington

Published: June 13 2003 19:33 | Last Updated: June 14 2003 0:59

Hope it helps,

Jelisaveta