Reference needed

Chris Vaz chris_vaz at KASTANET.ORG
Wed Apr 18 16:00:40 UTC 2007

To all List members,

In a monograph by Mann, Matthiessen and Thompson titled "Rhetorical Structure Theory and Text Analysis,"  (ISI/RR-89-242), I came
across a reference to a paper by Mann, which at that time, was said to be "in preparation."  It is cited in a footnote on p. 9 of the monograph  The title of this paper is "The Origins of Text Structuring Relations" and is dated 1990, but I have been unable to locate it anywhere.  Perhaps the paper was given a different name, or was not published in a standard journal?  Does anyone know anything about this?  I would really be interested in accessing that manuscript, or any other paper that deals with the philosophical theme of how the set of relations is associated with culture and communication.

Chris Vaz