New Year's Text for Analysis and Debate...

John A. Bateman bateman at UNI-BREMEN.DE
Sat Jan 6 12:10:20 UTC 2007

Dear all,

to start the new year off in good RST style, I'd be
interested to hear/see suggested analyses for the
text below. Any suggestions even of rough structuring
would be helpful as I am trying to get a consensus
analysis together.

My own first cut can be looked at on the webpage:

http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/anglistik/langpro/webspace/jb/xfer/index.htm

As usual, it would be interesting to have analyses that
you might come up with *before* looking at my suggestion,
but if you just want to criticise mine, that's fine: please
let me know if you looked at mine before coming up
with yours though!

Most of interest would be if you have any good arguments
for or against particular nuclearity assignments.

Perhaps we could make this a regular feature? :-)

Best,
John B.