No subject

Wed Dec 10 17:05:21 UTC 2014

Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:32:44 -0500
To: RST Discussion List <rstlist at listserv.linguistlist.org>
From: William Mann <bill_mann at SIL.ORG>
Subject: URGENT VIRUS WARNING.  READ THIS ONE FIRST.

Dear list members:

This morning, at about 12:33 am,  our list was attacked with a virus.  I
received the following from my email processors:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A message with a virus was blocked at the server and not delivered to your
mailbox.

This informational e-mail is sent only to the intended recipient of the
virus.

The sender was owner-rstlist at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG and is possibly
infected with Win32/Magistr.gen at mm.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do not know the subject line.

DO NOT OPEN THE OTHER MESSAGE FROM THE LIST THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE TODAY.
DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

I am very sorry that this has happened.  I will consult with experts about
how we may configure our list to be more secure.  I will tell you what I
have done, BUT NOT TODAY.

Happy research.  May you all have peace and joy in this holiday season.

Bill Mann

 William C. Mann
SIL in USA
6739 Cross Creek Estates Road