[Rstlist] RST AND OTHER THEORIES

yahoo services emmachi131 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 06:26:36 EDT 2017

Hello fellow researchers,
Are there researchers here, who have combined RST with other linguistic theories?
Please, I need your works or works you know to guide me. I am carrying out a research on political discourse in West Africa and America, but I intend combining RST with Systemic Functional Theory and Critical Discourse Analysis.
I intend to explore RST as a functional paradigm and its capacity to lay out pre-realised discourse meaning in the bid to connect it with transitivity (a construct in SFT), as its ideational realisation, and examine critically the ideologies that underpin the communicative intentions of the discourse - which RST will have aided to identify.
It's a PhD research work and I need all I can lay my hand on to write a good thesis and further project the internal complementary value of RST with other linguistic theories.
I look forward to your responses.
Sincerely,
Emmanuelemmachi131 at yahoo.comchuksnaguh@gmail.com

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android