Foreign Language Study Request for Meta-Analysis

Matthew Borneman mborneman at SWA-CONSULTING.COM
Wed Aug 1 17:38:19 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

     I am writing to ask for your assistance in locating studies for a
meta-analysis I am conducting for the Special Operations Forces Language
Office (SOFLO) on how foreign language training duration impacts skill
level retention. The goal of this study is to determine the relationships
between the length of the initial foreign language learning/training and
learners’ proficiency levels at various retention intervals following the
conclusion of the initial learning/training (e.g., immediately afterwards,
several weeks later, 1 year later, etc.).

     I am specifically interested in adult populations (military, corporate
samples); however, am also including k-12 and college samples.
Additionally, we are not limiting our search to any specific foreign
language. Do you know of any studies that provide this type of information
using these kinds of samples? I am looking for published or unpublished
studies, technical reports, conference presentations/posters, briefings and
theses/dissertations related to this specific topic. Any assistance you can
provide in directing me to these types of studies is greatly appreciated.
Please note that your work will be cited in the list of included studies,
providing an additional recognition of your primary research.

     If you do have (or know of) something that might be relevant, please
email (mborneman at swa-consulting.com) or call me at 919-835-1562 ext. 7010.
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

--

Matthew Borneman Ph.D.
Consultant

919.835.1562 ext 7010

919.835.1564 (Fax)

www.swa-consulting.com

This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee.
It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal
or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this
transmission. If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept
our apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other
act on the email. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not
been altered or corrupted during transmission.