3rd circular Politeness Symposium (ISLP99) (fwd)

Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong yui at alpha.tu.ac.th
Mon Sep 20 06:40:58 UTC 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:27:40 +0700
From: Krisadawan Hongladarom <hkrisada at chula.ac.th>
Subject: 3rd circular Politeness Symposium (ISLP99)

>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:05:59 +0700
>From: Wirote Aroonmanakun <awirote at chula.ac.th>
>To: hkrisada at chula.ac.th
>Subject: 3rd circular
>
>International Symposium on
>Linguistic Politeness (ISLP 99):
>Theoretical Approaches and Intercultural Perspectives
>at
>Boromrajakumari Building,
> Chulalongkorn University
>Bangkok, Thailand
>7-9 December 1999
>
>Third Circular
>Call For Participation
>
>Latest News About the Symposium
>
> ISLP99 will bring together researchers (not only linguists) who are
>interested in contemporary problems related to
>language, communication, and culture, to seek a better insight into the
>various issues related to politeness in language. The
>symposium aims at promoting awareness of these issues and at
>facilitating original research from various perspectives and
>disciplines.
> After the First and Second Calls for Papers, we received an impressive
>number of paper proposals from various
>countries. These proposals had been screened by the Program Committee on
>the basis of originality, quality, and relevance
>to the theme of the symposium.
> We urge that contributors and potential participants register within 30
>September 1999. This will help us better
>organize the symposium.
> Thank you for your interest. We look forward to meeting you in December
>and hope that ISLP99 will lead to more co-
>operation and research networks in the future.
>

>Contact Address
>Please contact the symposium secretariat at:
>
>Krisadawan Hongladarom
>Department of Linguistic, Faculty of Arts,
>Chulalongkorn University,
>Bangkok 10330, Thailand
>Tel. 66-2-218-4690, Fax. 66-2-218-4697
>E-mail:hkrisada at chula.ac.th
>
>For more information and registration, please visit the Symposium home
>page:
>http://pioneer.chula.ac.th/~hkrisada/Politeness/index.html.
>
>Invited Speakers
>* Professor Sachiko Ide, Japan Women's University, Tokyo
>* Professor Robin Lakoff, University of California, Berkeley
>* Professor Bruce Fraser, Boston University
>
>Contributors
> There will be 67 papers presented at the symposium.  The papers are
>contributed by more than  70 scholars from 21
>countries, Australia, China, Columbia, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany,
>Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, The
>Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, The United
>Kingdom, the United States of America, and Vietnam.
>

>Tentative Schedule
>7.30-8.15  Registration
>8.30-8.45  Report of the symposium by the
>   Dean of Faculty of Arts
>8.45-9.15  Opening Address by the President
>   of Chulalongkorn University
>9.15-10.30 Invited Lecture
>10.30-11.00 Break
> [...]

Krisadawan Hongladarom

Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University,
Bangkok10330 Thailand, Tel.662-2184690; Fax. 662-218-4697 Email:
hkrisada at chula.ac.th

Personal webpage
<http://pioneer.chula.ac.th/~hkrisada/www/Krisadawan.html>

Politeness Symposium 7-9 December 1999, Bangkok.
<http://pioneer.chula.ac.th/~hkrisada/Politeness/index.html>