expressives

Doug Cooper doug at th.net
Fri Aug 25 18:31:17 UTC 2000

A few more references.  These are all master's theses, in English,
with long wordlists.  Available at the National Library in Bangkok.
I'd be happy to make and send a copy to anybody who's willing
to type a full list in (with native orthography plus phonetics):

_Phonological Reduplication in Vietnamese_ (Lt. Cmdr. Bussaba
Amornsukdi R.N.) Mahidol 1987.

_Expressives in Northern Khmer_ (Kotchakorn Boontiam) Mahidol
1991

_Expressives in Pattani Malay_ (Prapai Ninlapan) Mahidol 1993

  For Thai, I have a great deal of material on phono-semantically
related doubles (essentially every likely candidate from a
union of the Royal Institute and Haas dictionaries).   These are
sorted by vowel pattern (eg. ee/aa, ee/ee, ee/ii etc.), and then
clustered into rough semantic groups.

   Doug