FLA/linguistic theory seminars at Thammasat and Suranaree

pornsiri pornsiri at alpha.tu.ac.th
Mon Nov 24 00:25:26 UTC 2003

Dear all,
Suranaree University of Technology Institute of Social Technology and
Thammasat University Language Institute on behalf of Cooperative Research
Networks (CRN) of the Ministry of Education are very pleased to announce a
series of seminars/workshops on the topic of "Experimental Design in Language
Acquisition Studies" to be held on Jan 10,12,13, 2004 at Suranaree (Korat),
and Jan 16-18, 2004 at Thammasat (Tha Prachan), Bangkok, Thailand. The invited
speakers are Professor Virginia Valian (Psycholinguistics and Language
Acquisition) and Professor Marcel den Dikken (Theoretical Linguistics and
Syntax) from CUNY Graduate Center, NYC.  The seminars will be conducted as a
joint venture, which pools the expertise from FLA/SLA and linguistic theory,
to show analyses of development of grammatical structures with demonstrations
of related methods. Faculty members and graduate students from (English) CRN
member institutions are most welcome to attend either the SUT or the TU event.
SEA langers are also invited. There is no registration fee.  Due to limited
seats, we would encourage interested persons to pre-register as soon as
possible.  Please visit our seminar website for details of the programs,
abstract, and registration at http://www.tu.ac.th/org/litu/ (and scroll down
to "CRN seminar" at the bottom of the page).
We look forward to seeing you at the talks.

Pornsiri Singhapreecha
SUT/TU Seminar Coordinator
Language Institute
Thammasat University