F. Mason, 19th C Linguist (Pali, Burmese, Karen)

navako Navako at metta.lk
Sat Apr 24 03:06:44 UTC 2004

I sent a query to this list concerning the 19th century S.E.A. linguist F.
Mason a few months ago, and received some interesting replies.  I have since
found, purchased, and read a copy of his autobiography from the 1860s, and
might be able to answer some of the questions raised in off-list replies (by
Gerrard Diffloth, in particular).

If any of the former respondents wish to get back in touch with me to
exchange new information, I remain

E. Mazard

--
A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/