Call for papers on Linguistics for Burma studies conference, DeKalb, 22-24 October 2004

Justin Watkins justin.watkins at soas.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 17:14:17 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues and friends -

***Please circulate this message to others who may be interested.***

BURMA STUDIES CONFERENCE
Center for Burma Studies, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
USA
October 22-24, 2004

SUBMIT ABSTRACT BY MARCH 31, 2004

Abstracts are invited for presentations in a Linguistics panel at the
2004 Burma Studies Conference to be held at NIU later this year.

All topics which sit obviously within the field of Burmese linguistics
will be considered, but I would especially welcome submissions on
languages besides Burmese which are spoken in Burma.

See http://www.grad.niu.edu/burma/conference2004.htm for the latest
information on the conference.

Please submit your abstract as soon as possible, but no later than the
end of March 2004, including the following information:

Name and affiliation, address, a title for your paper, an abstract of
about 150 words, a list of equipment that you need for your
presentation, and an email address.

Please send to Justin Watkins (jw2 at soas.ac.uk).

many thanks - I look forward with interest to reading your abstracts.

_______________________
Dr Justin Watkins
Lecturer in Burmese
School of Oriental and African Studies