Introducing CRCL Inc.

Doug Cooper doug at th.net
Tue May 11 16:29:31 UTC 2004

Dear SEALANGers:
I am pleased to announce that the Center for Research in
Computational Linguistics, Bangkok, has been reformed as
CRCL Inc., a California 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and
has just received provisional Fed and state tax-exempt status.

  CRCL Inc.'s small endowment is being used to fund a program
of technical assistance for projects in SEA lexicography and/or
computational linguistics; see http://crcl.th.net/crcl  .  Projects
currently underway include:

 - Transcribed oral corpus and lexicon for Tai languages of
   Assam (Stephen Morey)
 - Searchable Khmer text corpus / pilot project in data-driven
   learning (Frank Smith)
 - 'Scholar's workbench' for etymological research of Katuic and
   Bahnaric branches of Mon-Khmer (Paul Sidwell)

  Additional proposals are welcome; please contact me at the
address below, or at this month's SEALS conference in Bangkok,
or the Asian Lexicography conference in Chiang Mai.

  Best,
  Doug Cooper
  http://crcl.th.net