HRELP fellowships: endangered language projects (fwd)

Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong yuphapha at hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 17 17:55:31 UTC 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:02:31 -1000
From: Benjamin K Bergen <bergen at hawaii.edu>

Note about HRELP fellowships for language documentation.

I would like to call your attention to grants still available from the Hans
Rausing Endangered Languages Project. I am currently at an HRELP
workshop in London and have learned that 1) they have fewer grant
applications than last year and 2) the application process for small grants
is much simpler. The deadline for large projects has already passed for
this year, but the deadline for small projects and grad student fellowships
has not passed. I believe the deadline for the latter is in February.

This is a great opportunity for a grad student to support fieldwork. Details
of the applications can be found on the website:

http://www.hrelp.org/grants/apply/

I suggest reading through the material on the website and making sure you
know what language _documentation_ (as opposed to description) is.