Peter Ladefoged (fwd)

Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong yuphapha at hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 27 03:45:10 UTC 2006

FYI

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:53:26 -1000
From: Victoria B. Anderson <vanderso at hawaii.edu>

Dear Colleagues,
With a very heavy heart I must inform you of the passing of Peter
Ladefoged. So many of us have known him; if not personally, then
through his work. I know the  linguistic community will feel this
loss acutely, and that our thoughts will be of him and his family in
the days to come.

Below is part of a message from Patricia Keating, Director of the
UCLA Phonetics Lab:

--
Victoria Anderson
Assistant Professor of Linguistics