PERSEE website of French scientific journals.

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 03:19:26 UTC 2008

Thanks to Phil Jenner for pointing me to the PERSEE website
of French "scientific journals in social and human sciences" at
http://www.persee.fr  Full text PDF (usually within shouting
distance of year 2000) of some 50 journals are available,
including BEFEO, which came on line just this month.  The site
is accessible in both French and English, and a full list of journals
can be found at http://www.persee.fr/listRevues.do   Details
on two journals of particular interest to our field are given below.

    --Doug

Bulletin de l'Ecole Française d'Extrême-Orient
95 issues,  3058 articles (1901 -1998)
The BEFEO is a peer reviewed journal which annually publishes high level
scientific research either in French or English and which focuses on Asia –
from India to Japan – in all the fields of Human and Social Sciences. It is
one of the oldest and most internationally renowned journals in Asian studies.
http://www.persee.fr/listIssues.do?key=befeo

Cahiers de Linguistique – Asie Orientale
51 issues,  481 articles (1977 -2002)
The Cahiers de Linguistique – Asie Orientale (CLAO) is an international
journal for the scientific study of languages in the Far East. Based in Paris
at the Centre de Recherches Linguistiques sur l’Asie Orientale (CRLAO,
EHESS-CNRS), it appears twice a year and is internationally refereed as an A -
class journal.
http://www.persee.fr/listIssues.do?key=clao