Annotations indicating pronunciation on Buddhist texts

Katherine M Thornton thornt at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 20 16:50:23 UTC 2008

Dear List,

My name is Katherine Thornton and I am a graduate student at UW Seattle
working on Sino-Vietnamese from a linguistic perspective.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of any
Buddhist texts that have been annotated with glosses on pronunciation? I am
guessing that these would be texts in Chinese with phiên thiết (fan3 qie4)
notations.

I have been working with Judith Henchy from the library but we haven't been
able to turn anything up in the catalog.

Thanks!

Katherine