Call for Proposals: Fellowships for Eastern Himalayan Research

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 29 07:57:32 UTC 2012

[On behalf of Gwen Hyslop <gwendolyn.hyslop at gmail.com> ]

The Committee for Eastern Himalayan Ethnographic and Anthropological
Linguistic Research is pleased to announce the availability of funds to
support ethnographic or anthropological linguistic research in the eastern
Himalaya, beginning in 2012. Three fellowships, of up to US $10,000 each, are
being made available by the Firebird Foundation in order to further research
on unknown or relatively undescribed languages and cultures in the eastern
Himalaya.

To apply, send a proposal and budget (of up to five pages) to
gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au. Two letters of recommendation, which are
optional, should be sent separately. At present there is no deadline;
applications will be reviewed as they are received. However, if we receive a
large number of applications, we may opt to review proposals quarterly. The
three fellowships are intended to be used in 2012 and/or 2013.

For further questions, contact Gwendolyn Hyslop at gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au

Post to SEALANG-L:  send mail to sealang-l at listserv.linguistlist.org