Thai Phonetics

Maureen E. Hoffmann mhoffm at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun Apr 28 19:31:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm a graduate student in Linguistics and I'm just starting to do work on
Southeast Asian languages. Later this summer I will be in Thailand to work
on improving my Thai fluency and while there I'm hoping to conduct a small
research project on Thai phonetics. However since I've only recently begun
working on Thai, I'm not sure what features might be of particular interest
for a descriptive phonetics project. While of course I've been combing
through various linguistic journals, I was wondering if anyone had any
recommendations of particular topics in Thai phonetics that haven't been
exhaustively researched previously. If so, please contact me off-list.
Thank you!

Thank you!

-- Maureen Hoffmann

Maureen Hoffmann
Joint Ph.D. Program in Anthropology and Linguistics
University of Arizona

Post to SEALANG-L:  send mail to sealang-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

Subscribe: send the message "subscribe sealang-l Your Name" to listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org