FWD: Frankfurt JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Junior Professorship in Southeast Asian Studies

Waruno Mahdi mahdi at FHI-BERLIN.MPG.DE
Sat Jul 12 10:49:28 UTC 2014

This is a forwarded announcement.
Please do not reply to me, the sender, but see the instructions below.

Beginning of forwarded message:
------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

The announcement for our Junior Professorship in
Southeast Asian Studies just appeared on our
university's website. We are definitely open for
an international candidate, and we would like to
ask you to circulate this announcement widely.

Here is the text:

-----

The Faculty of Linguistics, Cultures and Arts,
Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany, invites
applications for the following position:

Junior Professorship (Assistant Professor, W1) in Southeast Asian Studies

We are looking for a candidate with expertise in
one or more of the following fields: the
languages, literatures, media, or modern and
contemporary history of insular Southeast Asia
(mainly Indonesia and /or Malaysia).
We expect an outstanding doctoral thesis,
methodologically sound expertise on modern
insular Southeast Asia evidenced by relevant
publications and teaching experience, very high
proficiency in Indonesian / Malay, English, and
ideally German as well as the willingness to
engage in cooperative research and teaching
activities within the Interdisciplinary Center of
East Asian Studies (IZO) at Goethe University.

The initial appointment is for three years and
can be renewed for another three years upon
positive evaluation. The designated salary for
the position is based on "W1" of the German
university scale. Goethe University is an equal
opportunity employer which implies that
applications from women are specifically
encouraged. For further information regarding the
general conditions for professorship
appointments, please see:
<http://www.vakante-professuren.uni-frankfurt.de/>www.vakante-professuren.uni-frankfurt.de .

Qualified academics are invited to submit their
applications including a CV, a list of
publications, and a copy of the doctoral diploma
up to 10th Oct. 2014 to the Dean of the Faculty
of Linguistics, Cultures and Arts, Johann
Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, D-60054 Frankfurt,
E-Mail
<mailto:Dekanat-FB09 at em.uni-frankfurt.de>Dekanat-FB09 at em.uni-frankfurt.de
.

----

And here is the link:

http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/45303014/fb09

---

Best regards,

Arndt Graf

------

Prof. Dr. Arndt Graf
Director, Interdisciplinary Centre of East Asian
Studies (IZO), www.izo.uni-frankfurt.de
Chair, Dept. of Southeast Asian Studies,
http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/fb/fb09/ophil/suedostasienwissenschaften/
Goethe-University of Frankfurt
Senckenberganlage 31
60325 Frankfurt