[Sealang-l] Cornell SEA Graduate Student Conference Call

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 04:23:41 UTC 2014

Abstract Submission Deadline: *December 15, 2014*

*“What’s Hot in Southeast Asia?”*
Cornell Southeast Asia Program’s 17th Annual Graduate Student Conference
March 13-15, 2015

Kahin Center for Advanced Research on Southeast Asia
Cornell University in Ithaca, New York

The Cornell Southeast Asia Program invites submissions for its 17th Annual
Southeast Asian Studies Graduate Student Conference. The conference will be
held March 13-15, 2015 at the Kahin Center for Advanced Research on Southeast
Asia at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Professor Marina Welker from
the Department of Anthropology at Cornell willbe joining us as our keynote
speaker.

We welcome submissions of abstracts from graduate students who have completed
original research related to Southeast Asia. There is no specific theme for
this conference, as we hope to attract a wide range of submissions. Our
intention is to reflect the dynamic research currently undertaken by graduate
students. The Cornell Southeast Asia Program’s Graduate Committee will review
the abstracts, select presenters, and organize panels by theme. In order to
aid this process of thematic organization, we ask that you please include a
few keywords summarizing your presentation along with your abstract.

Selected contributors will present their work as part of a panel, and paper
abstracts will be included in the conference program. All the panels will have
discussants, therefore presenters should be prepared to submit full papers of
5000-8000 words by February 15.

A very limited number of modest travel allowances may be available for those
traveling longer distances. We encourage applicants to seek funding from their
home institutions first. Please indicate along with your abstract whether you
expect to receive travel funding from your home institution and if you would
like to be considered for a travel allowance from the Cornell Southeast Asia
Program Graduate Student Committee. We will be in touch in February to
coordinate graduate student host lodging for confirmed presenters. In the
spirit of collegiate engagement, all presenters are requested to attend the
entire conference.

Please submit abstracts to the following email address:
_seapgradconference at gmail.com <mailto:seapgradconference at gmail.com>_. All
abstracts should be limited to 250 words and sent in MS Word format.  Do not
send a .pdf. Please name your abstract using your first and last name together
(for example, janedoe.doc for Jane Doe's abstract). The subject of the message
should specify “Abstract” and the body should include the following information:

·Author name(s), institutional affiliation(s), and a primary email address

·Title of paper

·Paper topic or keywords

·The abstract

Abstract Submission Deadline: *December 15, 2014*

Notification of Acceptance: *Late January 2015*

Confirmation of Attendance Deadline: *February 6, 2015*

Full Papers Due: *February 15, 2015*

*Betty Chau Nguyen*

Cornell Southeast Asia Program

180 Uris Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853